- Lentils make this dish look like gray mush. This does not look all that appealing, but I assure you, it tastes great. I think I'll be adding this snack to my regular rotation. It is rather filling.
- I packaged the chips in baggies for quick pre-portioned snacks, as seen above in the first picture.
- Turkey meatballs
- Scalloped potatoes and ham
- This last one isn't on the plan, but I'll make sure to have the recommended 450-calorie-sized portion from the recipe we're making. We have ham leftovers that we really don't want to go to waste.
200 Free Calories:
- Often get spent on 2 girl scout cookies and a spoonful of peanut butter. Once in awhile, I'll have a diet cherry 7up with a shot of Southern Comfort. #YOLO, right?
*Note: Calorie calculations are based upon information entered into the SparkPeople nutrition counter. I entered the brand names and types of food that I used specifically. Self.com has a little bit different calculations than I came up with.
I usually do all my prepping for the week on Sunday, after Hubster does the grocery shopping. This week's menu took me 1 hour from start to finish, including cleanup. I don't do a whole lot of dinner prep beforehand though. We usually make dinners and eat them fresh as we go, but I do sometimes make some of the grains ahead of time.
I love this Drop10 plan! I've noticed that the balance of protein, carbs and good fats is keeping me pretty satisfied all day. I do have to add in a banana or other snack around mid-morning on days where I'm extra active. Those are the only days where I feel a bit shaky if I don't eat a little extra.