Hubster helped me film a video this weekend showing how to do Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer at home. I filmed substitutes for most of the moves that require specific gym equipment. To do the LiveFit Trainer at home, you need little more than a chair, weights, resistance bands and maybe an exercise ball. I did a few moves in the video with ankle weights, but you could even skip those and put a weight plate between your feet instead.
- Seated calf raise: use ankle weights and/or place a weight plate on top of your knees.
- Leg curls: wear ankle weights, lie on your stomach and bend legs behind you. Keep upper thighs off floor to make it tougher.
- Leg extensions: put on ankle weights, use a sturdy chair and do extensions. You may also put a weight plate between your ankles.
- Adductor: Squeeze an inflatable ball between the thighs.
- Abductor: wrap tubing around upper thighs and perform an abductor press.
- Back extensions: perform on ball
- Reverse Fly: belly on ball, do a reverse fly.
- Cable Rope Overhead Extension: Stand on one end of a resistance tube and perform a tricep extension with the other end.
- Leg press: it's difficult to do this move at home, but you can do heavy squats to get a similar effect. Use heavy weights or resistance tubing to intensify the squats.
- T-bar row: perform rows with similar arm position using a heavy dumbbell.
- Incline Press and Decline Crunch: any incline/decline moves can be done on a stepper. Put the risers under one side of the step to create the slant.
- Standing calf raise: hang heels off any step in your home and lift up onto the balls of your feet.
- Seated cable rows: I wind my rubber tubing around my treadmill and do them that way. Use thicker brands and choke up on the bands as you get stronger.
- Triceps Pushdown: anchor the stretch tubing a little higher and perform the move.
- Lat Pulldown: same position as triceps pushdown, perform a pulldown.
- Underhand Cable Pulldown: same as lat pulldown, but switch hand position to underhand.
- Cable Crunch: same anchor point, grab both ends of the tubing in your hands and perform a kneeling crunch.
- Straight Arm Pulldown: same anchor point, pull arms straight down to your sides.
- Cable Crossovers: I wound my tubing around both handles of the treadmill and did the crossovers kneeling.
- Donkey calf raises: my little boy happily obliged climbing onto my back to do these.
- Roman chair leg lifts: use the corner of your kitchen cupboards to rest your arms on. You can still pull your knees up to target abs.
- Hanging leg raises and pullups: use your pull-up bar or monkey bars at the park. I don't have these in the video because I didn't have the equipment readily available while I was filming.
- Lying T-bar row: belly on ball, perform a row
I hope this helps some of you tackle this excellent program at home. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments.